JS is OFF! COVENTRY UNITED F.C. | Boldmere St. Michaels 4-3 Coventry United

Boldmere St. Michaels 4-3 Coventry United

Date: 03 March 2019 at 08:26 by Liam Cook

Boldmere St Michaels vs Coventry United rarely disappoints, and the latest meeting was no exception, with twists and turns until the final whistle.


The Red and Greens left the Trevor Brown Memorial Ground empty handed after a 4-3 defeat, but Terry and the boys can be proud of their performances, as was noted by a standing ovation from the travelling supporters at full time.


Manager Terry Anderson made one change from Wednesday’s starting line up, with Joe Cairns returning to the side following suspension. Sam Lockley dropped to the bench, while Tyler Haddow kept his place in the side for just his second start for the club. And his inclusion was vindicated in the first half as the winger latched onto to a perfect through ball from Sam Belcher to slot the ball past Mikes keeper Lewis Fenney to give United the lead after 8 minutes. The lead was doubled 20 minutes later through Joe Cairns. The attacking midfielder picked up a Brendan Bunn goalkick, before cutting into the box from the left, sifting past defenders on his way, and a low finish into the bottom corner would made it 2-0. Boldmere would have hope heading into half time with a Rikardo Reid penalty, successfully converted, after Harry Sawyer fouled Ryan Shaw in the area. 2-1 at half time.


The second half began disastrously. Just a minute after the break, Reid had his second, with a turn and shot catching Bunn off his line following a corner delivery. The comeback was completed by Owen Parry, played through the defense before a calm slot past Bunn. United would battle on in search of an equaliser, and found it with just 5 minutes to go. Substitute Sam Lockley taking advantage of a lovely one-two with Luke Jones, fired home into the far bottom corner. An unsavoury moment between United’s Sam Belcher and Mikes skipper Craig Milligan resulted in a 4 minute delay and red cards for both involved. From the resulting free kick, Reid brought the ball to feet and fired into the tom corner from close range to seal a dramatic win for Boldmere deep iito injury time.


CUTV Highlights and Keith Green’s match report are now available to view via the link